Thematic & PhD sessions
The following thematic sessions have been confirmed so far:
- Phonological diversity matters, convened by Cormac Anderson (Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, Jena), Natalia Kuznetsova and Shelece Easterday – see description (PDF).
- Future of less favoured languages: Indigenous, regional and minority status, organized by CIPL (Comité International Permanent des Linguistes) and FEL (Foundation of Endangered Languages) – see description (PDF).
- How language technology supports multilingualism and language variety in the modern world, organized by CIPL (Comité International Permanent des Linguistes) and The European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL) – see description (PDF).
- Inclusive linguistic research matters: underrepresented populations, unexplored contexts and emerging types of data, convened by Bartosz Brzoza (Adam Mickiewicz University) and Anita Wagner (University of Groningen) – see description (PDF).
- Word order matters, convened by Jacek Witkoś and Przemysław Tajsner – see description (PDF).
- Discourse and terminology matters: Investigating specialized communication and translation, convened by Magdalena Perdek and Magdalena Zabielska (Adam Mickiewicz Unviersity) – see description (PDF).
- Surfing the Brainwaves workshop by Rafał Jończyk (Adam Mickiewicz Unviersity) – see description (PDF).
PhD Poster Session
A special poster session will be organised for PhD candidates starting their careers in linguistics or related disciplines. The goal of the session is to provide a platform for all early-career researchers willing to present their PhD projects to a larger scientific community, with a view to receiving valuable feedback on their work at an early stage of development.
We are happy to announce that Prof. Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kołaczyk, Vice-Rector of the AMU for the School of Languages and Literatures and Head of the PLM2021 Organising Committee, invites all PhD students of the School of Languages and Literatures' Doctoral School to participate in the poster session for PhD students free of admission charges.